I am finding myself enjoying dry point marks much more than normal etching marks on copper, this was a little trial to see how pressure effects the line quality, and I quite liked the outcome, and I could work into it more perhaps adding tone, what do you think?
How to Solve a Problem like Persian Ironwood..
These are two prints of the same etching, which was a drawing of a Persian Ironwood tree (Parrotia persica) I did while at Westonbirt.
I kept seeing these trees while I was there and going up to them and wondering what they were, and soon realised most of the time the small tangled tree with reddish branches in question was Persian Ironwood.
I loved the name, sounded exotic and always sent images off in my brain of warmer places, which was nice in the snow.
I decided to draw it onto an etching plate, but the problem was all the branches! they don’t seem to grow in any ordered way at all, so i did not try to sit there and untangle the branches before my eyes, I just drew what my eyes made out from the tangle. The first print is just as it is , the second on the right I left a bit more ink on the plate, and then rubbed it off where some of the branches were.